The Antares version of the RECS®|Box comes with premountet rack-rails. These can be used to install the Antares into any 19“ rack.
The following chapter is copied from the original user manual of the rails:
- Slide chassis member (smallest) is removable. Separate slide members by lifting left hand side lever up, and right hand side lever down. Keep slide chassis members with original outer members.
- Slide has front and rear adjustable EIA brackets. Attach front brackets to outer slide member using #8-32 machine screws by aligning access slots on brackets to outer member holes. Front brackets can be mounted flush or 1/2” [12.7 mm] back from front of slide based on user needs.
- Establish distance from front cabinet rail to rear cabinet rail and attach rear brackets to slide. Do not fully tighten rear bracket mounting screws until final adjustment is made.
- Insert removable locator pin into center hole of brackets.
- Slide will mount to various cabinet rails at various locations on side of chassis. See illustrations at right.
- Place slide into desired position and fully extend against EIA rails. Locator pins will support slide and bar nut while attaching screws.
- Attach slide to EIA rail with #10-32 screws and fasten with bar nuts. Once screws are secure, remove locator pins. Do not fully tighten screws until final adjustment is made.
- Mount slide chassis members (smallest) to the chassis.
- With cabinet members in the open or closed position, bring ball retainer to full forward position. Install chassis by engaging the slide members and close completely. Locks will engage on initial insertion and must be released to fully close. Check slide alignment by opening and closing the chassis. Any sign of binding indicates lateral stress or misalignment.
- Adjust slide position until movement is smooth. Tighten all screws and complete installation.
NOTE: To remove chassis, lift the lever on the left hand slide up and the lever on the right hand slide down.